The source project of this merge request has been removed.
Move s6 higher in the supervision chain
- Better s6 layout, with a place for early services and a place for packages to add their services later on.
- s6-svscan is now supervised by sysvinit (instead of being run once by openrc)
- s6-svscan is now the only process supervised by sysvinit. All the other "respawn" lines are delegated to s6.
- utmpd and wtmpd are now early services instead of being added by openrc.
These changes implement a full supervision architecture and make init more flexible. Later on, it will be easier to
- add conditional gettys (for /dev/hvc0...)
- remove sysvinit entirely
- decouple the init process from the service manager.