Horizon doesn't validate IPv4 settings on Manual Network configuration [1.0rc2]
I can put any value I want, and Horizon will let me proceed, not validating the fields or trying to configure an interface and then ping the chosen DNS server and/or Adélie's repos as a sanity check. I have configured:
- IP: 225.999.999.222
- Netmask: 255.255.255.0 /24 (default)
- Gateway: 255.255.255.111
- DNS: 22.214.171.124 (default)
And Horizon just let me hit
Continue (F8) without signaling any error.
- There is no 999 in dotted-decimal IPv4 addresses
- The IP is in the multicast address range (even if the other address bytes were valid).
- The gateway isn't on the same network as the IP
- The gateway is in Class E address space